Introducing plants into your home or office can create a more positive energy flow. Certain plants have the ability to purify the air, while others provide a sense of well-being, peace, and even stress relief. Eliminating negative energy is an important step in regaining health and happiness. These plants will promote positive energy that will benefit you and those around you!
Table of Contents
Chinese money plant
The power of the humble money plant is often underestimated. This hardy little plant can not only help purify a room by absorbing synthetic chemicals from furnishings, but also brings prosperity and good luck to those who keep it in their home.
Tips for growing Chinese money plant
- When to plant – You can plant a Chinese money plant any time of the year. Just make sure to place it in a medium-sized pot with holes at the bottom for good drainage.
- Where to place – Choose a place with bright, indirect sunlight with western or southern exposure.
- General care tips – The plant thrives when watered weekly. It’s important to remember that you have to wait for the soil to dry in full between the waterings to prevent root rotting. Water only fortnightly during winter months.
Wheatgrass has gained popularity in healthy eating circles over the last few years and is often used for comedic purposes in TV and films, however, its reputation is well deserved. Wheatgrass contains an abundance of vitamins (A, C and E) and essential minerals such as iron, calcium and magnesium. It also gives a natural energy boost and helps with liver detoxification. The plant is known for bringing good luck and fortune. It is also said to improve sleep quality and eliminate negative energy. Place it near your workplace or office cabin to increase productivity and focus.
Tips for growing Eucalyptus
- When to plant – Plant in spring or early summer so Eucalyptus can be well-established for the coming winter months.
- Where to place – Place Eucalyptus in an area protected from excessive cold and winds. A place we recommend is your bedside table, so you can fall asleep and wake up to its pleasant aroma.
- General care tips – It’s best to water Eucalyptus once a day if it’s placed in sandy soil; otherwise – water once a week.
Flowers bring beauty and joy into our lives, so it’s no surprise that having a Peace lily at your work desk can help you feel more positive and productive. Not only do these lovely white blooms purify the air by absorbing indoor gases, but they also radiate positive energy. No wonder they’re called ‘harbingers of peace’!
Tips for growing Peace lily
- When to plant – Preferably, plant Peace lily in the warmer months of the year. This plant favours bright, indirect light.
- General care tips – Ensure the plant is sheltered from cold draughts. Keep it in a medium-sized pot and water it once a week to keep the soil wet. Avoid overwatering as it can harm the roots.
Bamboo plants have been used in Asia for thousands of years as a symbol of good luck, wealth, growth and success. According to Vastu principles, placing a bamboo plant in your home or workspace increases positive energy flow and creates a sense of positivity.
Tips for growing Bamboo
- When to plant – We recommend planting bamboo in spring, so it can use the energy stored in its underground stems to produce new canes in summer.
- Where to place – Bamboo loves bright and indirect light. Direct light will burn its leaves. On the other hand, the plant’s leaves will turn yellow if it doesn’t receive enough sunlight.
- General care tips – Water your bamboo plant every seven to ten days. Clean the plant’s container and change its water about once a week.
Jasmine is a beautiful and fragrant plant that has the ability to draw attention and create a sense of peace and harmony. It is believed to promote health and romance, making it the perfect addition to any home.
Tips for growing Jasmine
- When to plant – Keep the plant in a cool, well-lit but unheated room at around 18°C (64°F).
- Where to place – The ideal spot for most Jasmine species is either a South or West facing window.
- General care tips – Keep the soil moist and let it dry between waterings in the summer. Water the plant less in fall and also keep it slightly dry during winter.
Aloe Vera is a plant with great spiritual benefits as well as medicinal importance. It radiates positive energy and creates a zone of happiness and positivity around it. Those within the area of Aloe vera’s influence are happy and content.
Tips for growing Aloe Vera
- When to plant – Plant Aloe Vera during summer, when the surrounding air is warm and the days are longer.
- Where to place – Aloe vera loves bright and indirect light. Place it near an east or south-facing window.
- General care tips – Avoid root rot by allowing the soil to dry 1 to 2 inches between waterings. Water once every 3 weeks and less frequently in winter.
There are many benefits to having a Basil plant in your home. Not only does it improve the quality of the air by emitting oxygen and absorbing carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, but it is also considered a great antioxidant. Additionally, some believe that basil has a spiritual and healing effect on the atmosphere, clearing negative energy and inviting positive vibes into the home.
Tips for growing Basil
- When to plant – The best time to start growing basil is from late February to mid-summer.
- Where to place – Basil loves bright and warm locations. Put your plant next to a south-facing window or somewhere that remains sunny throughout the day.
- General care tips – Water extensively at least once a week to encourage deep root growth and to keep the soil moist.
The rosemary plant is an amazing air purifier with many benefits for both physical and mental health. The plant’s fragrance is known to improve mood, fight anxiety, improve memory, heal insomnia and bring inner peace.
Tips for growing Rosemary
- When to plant – Start growing rosemary in spring from ready-grown plants.
- Where to place – Place your rosemary plant in the brightest location possible. If the plant starts to struggle due to a lack of light, consider investing in a fluorescent lamp.
- General care tips – Plant in a 30-60cm container filled with multi-purpose compost. Water rosemary when the soil has dried out around the roots.
Lavender is a plant that has been associated with relaxation and stress reduction for centuries. People have long believed that lavender has magical properties that can bring peace, serenity, good luck, wealth, and happiness into the home. Today, we know that lavender can help relieve pain, heal skin conditions like dandruff and eczema, and even cure insomnia, anxiety, and headaches.
Tips for growing Lavender
- When to plant – Plant lavender seeds 10-12 weeks before the average last frost date.
- Where to place – Lavender requires lots of light, so it’s important to provide it with it. Place it in a south-facing window or any other location providing 3-4 hours of direct sunlight.
- General care tips – Water your lavender once every two weeks throughout the growing season. Keep in mind that you may need to water once every 10 days as indoor temperatures tend to be higher.
Orchids are not only beautiful but they are also known for bringing positivity to the home. In addition, orchids are associated with fertility and virility, making them the perfect choice for newlywed couples. The pleasant smell of Orchids can boost people’s mood at home, making it a great plant to have around.
- When to plant – Feel free to plant Orchids any time you want, as they are best grown indoors all year round.
- Where to place – Orchids love strong, indirect sunlight. The best location for this plant is either a south or east-facing window.
- General care tips – Water the plant once a week during winter and twice a week in hot and dry summer months.
With these healthy alternatives to boosting energy and improving overall well-being you will be on your way to a healthier lifestyle in no time. If you are planning to grow any of the above-mentioned plants in your garden be sure to check out our article “How to grow a herb garden: an insider’s guide” for tips on how to prepare your garden or if you would prefer help from professional gardeners contact us for a quote!
Need a Gardener?
Enter your postcode to view our rates and availability in your area.
Do you have any tips or advice on how to naturally increase your energy? Comment below or give us a shout on social media and share with our readers!